Years 3 & 4 Termly Homework Tasks
Autumn 2020 - Years 3&4 - Homework Tasks Topic: Vikings
Below are the Homework Tasks for the children to select which piece they would like to complete.
Remember: They should complete 6 tasks in total during the term. Four tasks must be from different curriculum areas!
- Please share your work via Teams and upload into your homework folder.
- We would love to see your photographs of completed work. If you have any trouble uploading please email the school and they will forward onto your class teacher. At this current time we cannot accept paper copies or models coming into school.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding.
- Make a timetable of your day showing the time on analogue and digital clocks for each activity.
- Draw a Viking longboat out of 2D shapes and label their properties.
- Find out the dates of when Viking Kings ruled. How long was their life span? How did they rule?
- Work out how many miles the Saxons/Vikings/Anglo Saxons travelled from their homeland to their settlements in Kent.
- Research Viking longboats. Whose role was it to make them? What was their purpose? What materials were used?
- Create a Viking shield, helmet or weapon.
- What major events in history happened during the Viking era?
- Research the Kings of Viking times. Can you create a timeline of rulers?
- Write a description of a Viking warrior. Consider appearance, clothing and personality.
- Write a diary entry for a day in the life of a Viking. Consider how they spent their days.
- Research a Viking god/goddess and write a profile or a top trumps card.
- Research Viking words and place names. See what you can find out and create a glossary.
- Make a long boat out of junk.
- Build a sandcastle and take a photograph. How creative can you be?
- Bake a Viking themed cake.
- Go rock pooling! What did you discover.