Years 3 & 4 Termly Homework Tasks
Summer 2021 - Years 3 & 4
Homework Tasks – Traditional Tales with a twist
Below are the Homework Tasks for the children to select which piece they would like to complete.
Remember: They should complete 6 tasks in total during the term. Four tasks must be from different curriculum areas!
- Please submit your homework on Teams and notify your teacher!
- Models – children can bring these in to show the class. We will take a photograph and then send home at the end of term.
- Times tables and spellings will be tested on the following Friday in class.
- Create an addition/ subtraction board game and play with a friend/family member.
- Learn your times tables by using songs and rules.
- Create a poster of how to do the 4 operations: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- The Three Little Pigs had 25 Twigs. They each used a different odd number of twigs to build a house. How many twigs did each pig use? Find as many different ways to do it as you can. Show me how you did it!
- Research a range of castles and locate them on a map.
- Create a 3d version of a fairy tale character. Can you make it move?
- Design a healthy menu for a royal banquet. How many courses? What drinks would you offer per course? Can you create an invitation to go with the banquet?
- Take a photograph of yourself and label the bones in the body.
- Design a setting for a fairy tale of your choice using any creative materials.
- Put yourself into your favourite tale and change the ending.
- Join three fairy tale characters and place them into a day in Devon! E.g: Little Red Riding Hood goes to Westward Ho! And meets the big bad giant.
- Can you turn a good character bad? Think of personality traits.
- Build a model of a castle using materials of your choice. Which materials are fit for purpose?
- Make a moving skeleton!
- Landscapes - Draw a picture of the view you can see out of your window.
- Draw a picture of all the fairy tale characters that you know and put them in a familiar setting.