School Dinner Information
- Vegan - Gluten Free -Dairy Free - Autumn 2023 - Spring 2024 menu.pdf
- Autumn & Spring menu - 2023 to 2024.pdf
Lunchtime is an important part of our day and we make a special effort to make it a positive, enjoyable time for the children.
We have a kitchen on site and meals are cooked daily. Children can opt for a school dinner and have a choice of a main meal, vegetarian, jacket potato or a school packed lunch.
We promote ‘healthy eating’ and our menus reflect this.
The meals are of an excellent quality. Menus are available from the School Office as well as on our website.
Children may also bring a packed lunch from home if they wish.
School Dinner Prices
Universal Infant Free School Meals are for children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2.
All meals need to be pre-booked on the day lunch is required, a lunch register is taken in class every morning.
For Years 3, 4, 5 and 6 School Dinners can be purchased for £2.30 via our online payment system, ParentPay.
Benefit related free school meals
All children in reception, year 1 and year 2 at state schools in England automatically get free school meals.
However, parents and guardians are encouraged to apply for free school meals when they enrol their child in school, as this can help their child’s school to attract additional ‘pupil premium‘ funding to support learning.
From year 3 onwards, children whose parents are getting any of the following are entitled to free school meals:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods).
- Income Support (IS).
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA).
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (IRESA).
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, that does not exceed £16,190).
- Working Tax Credit run-on (the payment you get for a further 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit).
How to apply for benefit related Free School Meals
If you believe you may be eligible for the benefits related free school meals you can now apply online and get an immediate response.
This is the quickest and easiest way to apply and will result in you getting an instant decision. Alternatively, call the Education Helpline on 0345 155 1019.
Once you have received confirmation of this, please bring it to the school office.