Years 3 & 4 Information
See Home Page for link to Whole School Weekly Newsletter.
Welcome to Years 3 and 4!
We have had a fabulous start to our new term and the children have settled into the school routine wonderfully and enjoyed sharing their summer holiday stories with each other. The following information is specific to Years 3 and 4.
- 8.30am – Teachers will open class doors.
- 8:50am – playground gates will be locked, if you arrive after this please report to the School Office.
- This year we are continuing with drop off from the playground.
- Each morning the children will be set an activity to complete on their own when they enter the classroom to help settle them into their morning routine from 8.30am. Morning work will be focused on reading, spelling, grammar and maths tasks with the teacher using this time to support learning.
- If you need to advise us of an upcoming appointment or change of person collecting your child, please provide your child with a note to hand to us at morning registration.
- If you have any concerns please talk to the class teacher at the end of the day.
- Break time snacks – The Government does not supply fruit in years 3 and 4. If your child would like a healthy snack for break time please provide them with either fruit or cheese.
- Please note we are a NUT FREE school due to both child/staff allergies.
End of School Routine
- 3.10pm – class ends.
- Class Teachers will lead their classes to the playground and dismiss children once they see their parent in the playground.
- If someone other than a parent is to collect your child, please let the Class Teacher know in writing at beginning of the day.
- Children will not be handed over unless we have your authority.
- If you allow your child to walk home please provide written, signed consent with a date for this and hand to the class teacher.
- We are in the process of assessing reading levels and will be sending a reading book home within the next week.
- We will only issue a new reading book once the old one has been returned.
- Please could we ask you to label all of your child’s clothing clearly. This includes drink bottles.
- Misplaced items, which are not labelled, will be placed in the lost property area on the Key Stage Two landing, near Years 5 and 6 classes for children to check.
- Children are to wear their PE kits to school on P.E days.
- PE sessions this term will be Monday and Tuesday for all classes.
- Please ensure children have the appropriate PE kit.
- Please could we ask you to ensure your child has a raincoat/forest school overalls and a pair of wellies clearly named and in a carrier bag.
- Forest school sessions will be:
Mr Whapham’s class – Wednesday
Miss Gulliford’s class – Thursday
Mrs Johnson’s class – Friday.
- We have given the children a Homework sheet today with the task options for this term. We have also handed out a knowledge organiser in which the children will be tested informally weekly.
- Homework tasks can be handed in via Teams or on paper – we love to display work in the classroom!
- Spelling test and times table test will be carried out each week on Friday. They will be sent new spellings every Friday via Teams.
School Dinner (£2.30)
- The dinner menu will run until half term, a copy can be found on the front of the website.
- The cost of school dinners cost £2.30.
- Children in Year 3 are no longer entitled to the Government’s Universal Free School Meals.
Weekly Communications with Parents
- In our efforts to be eco-friendly information regarding our week, diary dates and updates will be emailed to parents/carers via the Orchard Vale Weekly Newsletter using the email address we hold on our school management system.
- All correspondence will be posted on the school website www.ovschool.co.uk.
- Information specific for years 3 and 4 will be posted under Parent Information/Years 3 / 4.
- If you have changed your address, email address or contact details please advise the school office as soon as possible.
- Ideally we require details of at least 2 Emergency Contacts.
Are you eligible for the Government Pupil Premium Funding?
Benefits for your child – did you know that if your child is registered under the Government Pupil Premium Scheme, the Government will allocate funding for Orchard Vale to use to help subsidise your child’s learning support in school, free school meals, school trips and school residentials. Please contact the school office for more information.
If you have any questions please come and speak to us. Thank you for your support with settling your child into the school routine this week.
Miss Gulliford Mr Whapham Mrs Johnson