Years 1 & 2 Information
See Home Page for link to Whole School Weekly Newsletter.
Welcome to Years 1 and 2!
We have had a fabulous start to our new term and the children have settled into the school routine wonderfully and enjoyed sharing their summer holiday stories.
The following information is specific to Years 1 and 2.
- Please arrive at the school gates between 8.30am and 8.50am. You will be greeted by a member of the key-stage 1 team and your child will be directed into class. Registration is at 8.50am so please try and arrive promptly as the aim is to start teaching by 9.00 am at the latest.
- If you need to share any information verbally this is a good time to do so.
- Playground gates will be closed at 8.50am.
END OF DAY ROUTINES
- The school gates will be open from 3pm.
- Key stage 1 children will be sent home between 3.05pm and 3.10pm. Please arrive on time as Key stage 2 children will be sent home shortly afterwards.
Mr Quilter’s Class will be having PE on TUESDAY and THURSDAY.
Mrs Oldfield’s Class will be having PE on WEDNESDAY and THURSDAY.
Mrs Grimwood’s Class will be having PE on WEDNESDAY and THURSDAY.
- Please come into school dressed in your PE kits on your PE days. (White t-shirt, blue shorts or joggers and comfortable footwear; don’t forget your school jumpers.) The children will stay in their PE kit for the remainder of the day so you don’t need to pack extra clothes.
- We are currently reviewing the Forest School Timetable and we will inform you when finalised.
- Very soon we will be providing you with a ‘Microsoft Teams’ login. If you currently have an existing Login this may stay the same.
- Your ‘Team’ will have 6 channels. We will be encouraging you to use the General channel and the Homework channel; the others will be used in the event of another school closure.
- Useful information will also be shared through this platform.
- More information will follow so please don’t panic!!
We will let you know when the platform goes live!
READ WRITE INC (RWI)
- In the next few weeks we will be assessing your child and placing them into reading groups. After this, books will be sent home for you to read and need to be returned the following day.
- Please enjoy reading the book each night alongside your child.
We are looking forward to getting to know new faces in the coming weeks. Please bear with us and if you have any urgent questions please feel free to catch us before or after school.
Thank you in advance,
The Key-Stage 1 Team