Years 1 & 2 Termly Homework Tasks/Knowledge Organiser
This term children have a selection of homework tasks to choose from.
Please help your child to do 6 tasks, at least 1 from each section, (about 1 every 2 weeks) in their homework book.
If the task is a practical one then please stick photos of their work in the book as well as bringing in the completed task.
Try to pick a variety of subject areas but tasks your child will be interested in and enjoy! If you are not sure how to get started please talk to your class teacher who will be able to give you some guidance.
The homework tasks are to be completed in your child’s own time and can be handed in throughout the term rather than on a specific day each week. This is a way of allowing you some flexibility during your weekends as we appreciate that some weekends are busier than others. Thank you and happy homework!
The homework tasks are to be completed in your child’s own time and can be handed in throughout the term rather than on a specific day each week. This is a way of allowing you some flexibility during your weekends as we appreciate that some weekends are busier than others.
Thank you and happy homework!
- Work through your word charts, ladders and levels. These are in your HSL book and on the school website. www.ovschool.co.uk.
- Learn a poem of your choice and recite it in class.
- Draw your own dragon and describe it using exciting adjectives and verbs and adverbs.
- Write a story about a dragon.
- Find out five interesting facts about The Great Fire of London.
- Write a list of famous landmarks in London.
- Cook something with a dragon or fire theme and bring it in to school to share! (Don’t forget to look closely at the scales when measuring)
- Learn your 2, 3, 5 and 10 times table.
- Look around your house and identify what materials different objects are made from. Create a block diagraph to show your findings
- Make or draw a dragon using 2D shapes.
- Write down the house numbers in your street and identify the odd and even numbers.
- Write down any number from the 100 square and add 10, 11 and 12 more.
- Make a dragon mask using different material and media.
- Blow an egg and paint it.
- Make a fire collage.
- Find London and Barnstaple on a map. Why is our life in Barnstaple different to those living in London?
- Make a junk model dragon.
- Draw a dragon on a pebble and write its name on it.
- Current Affairs: Write some facts about the bush fires currently affecting Australia.