See Home Page for link to Whole School Weekly Newsletter.
- 8.30am – Teachers will open class doors.
- If your child is arriving or leaving at mid-day then please come to the side door at 11.30am or 12.30pm depending on whether your child is with us for lunch.
- On arrival please can you put your child’s drink and lunchbox in the basket provided and ask your child to find their star to say whether they are having school dinner or packed lunch.
- We have a child in Nursery with a nut allergy.
- Please could parents be aware that we are a nut free school. Please ensure the contents of your child’s packed lunch comply with this. If your child likes chocolate spread could we ask that you do not use Nutella but a nut free alternative.
- Break time snacks – The Government supplies fruit and milk for all children in Foundation Stage, which we have after morning break.
End of School Routine
- 3.30pm – end of day. However, you can pick up any time between 3.10pm and 3.30pm.
- Class teachers will dismiss children once we see their parent in the playground. Please bear with us while we get to know you all.
- If someone other than a parent is to collect your child please advise the class teacher in the morning.
- Children will not be handed over unless we have your authority.
- Please could we ask you to label all of your child’s clothing clearly.
- Please ensure your child has comfortable footwear all year round. Please could shoes cover the toes as we take part in physical activities every day involving playing on our climbing frame, riding our bikes or having running time in the large playground or the school field.
- All children need to be provided with a change of clothes, a coat and a water bottle.
- If anyone is able to donate girls and boys socks and boys pants it would be much appreciated.
- We have PE every Thursday and Friday mornings with our specialist PE teacher, Mr Ovey.
- It would be helpful if you could send your child in trainers if they attend for these sessions as we do not change for PE.
- We will be starting Forest Schools within the next few weeks on a Monday morning.
- Children who attend on a Monday will need to have named Wellington boots.
Personal Toys in School
- If your child is starting with us this term, we understand that bringing a comfort toy from home can help settle them in.
- If your child is on their second term we would prefer if they could please leave their own toys at home to avoid any arguments or items being misplaced.
Weekly communications with parents
- The whole school weekly newsletter, will include a section for Nursery.
- We will provide advice on what we have been learning about in school that week.
- In our efforts to be eco-friendly, with the exception of this week, information regarding our week, diary dates and updates will be emailed to parents/carers via the Whole School Weekly News using the email address we hold on our school management system.
- If you have specifically requested paper copies of correspondence this will be provided. Please contact the school office if you wish to change your request.
- All correspondence will be posted on the school website www.ovschool.co.uk.
- Information specific for Nursery will be posted under Parent Information/ Nursery.
- If you have changed your address, email address or contact details please advise the school office as soon as possible.
- Ideally we require details of at least 2 Emergency Contacts.
We would like to reassure you we are dedicated to keeping your child safe and ensuring they are happy and will ring you if we have any concerns while they are with us. We look forward to a fun year ahead full of lots of enriched learning.