Operation Christmas Child
12th November 2018
This year Orchard Vale are supporting Operation Christmas Child.
Operation Christmas Child is a Samaritan’s Purse project, a Christian international relief organisation. Their mission is to provide local partners around the world with shoeboxes filled with small toys, hygiene items, and school supplies as a means of reaching out to children in their own communities. These are children outside the United Kingdom affected by war, poverty, natural disaster, famine, and disease.
We would like each class to fill a shoe box. Any contributions would be welcome. Please see the list of suggested gift items.
If, however, you would like to make your own shoe box any donations will be greatly received. Please hand these to your class teacher.
Please could we have all shoe box gift donations by Thursday, 15th November.
- Toys – dolls, stuffed animal or toy, small musical instrument (such as a harmonica or recorder), small foam football or tennis ball, finger puppets, slinky, interactive toys that include push buttons, lights, noise (include extra batteries), skipping rope, Play-doh (you could add plastic cookie cutters)
- Hygiene items (combs, hairbrushes, toothbrush, toothpaste, flannel, bar of soap (packaged and/or in a container),
- Reusable containers: cup, water bottle, plate, bowl, blunt-edged utensils (Consider filling an empty container with non-liquid items such as hair bows, bracelets, sunglasses, or flannel to make use of the space)
- School Supplies – pencils, pencil sharpeners, ruler, eraser, coloured pencils, pencil case, felt pens, colouring pads, notebooks, small adhesive tapes, watercolour paint set (finger paint, paint brushes, paper), pre-inked stampers.
- Sunglasses (need the UV and CE mark)
- Small bag/purse
- Hair bows or clips
- Friendship bracelets (woven with yarn or embroidery thread)
- A personal note and photo