Friends of Orchard Vale - Newsletter
Friends of Orchard Vale – March 2019
The Friends of Orchard Vale are looking for new members to join our fabulous team.
Would you like to get more involved, have your say on what money raised is spent on?
Meetings are every 3 weeks and are held at the school.
We would love to have you on board as a trustee.
All trustees will need to be DBS checked for safeguarding reasons.
Please contact Claire Knight, in person or through the school office.
Easter celebrations – Friday, 5th April
This year the children will have the opportunity of decorating their own Easter bonnet/hat in class, which they can wear during assembly. We will be using recycled materials, where possible. If you have any craft items you would like to donate please hand these to your class teacher.
Although we will not be holding an Easter cake competition if you would like to bake any Easter cakes for us to sell at the Family Bingo night please bring these to the Food Technology Room on Friday morning.
Family Bingo Night – Friday, 5th April
6.30pm to 8.30pm (Eyes down 7pm)
A book of 6 games = £5 / Flyer round = £1
Win an Easter treat - House and 1st line .
Win cash prize £15 for 1st line.
Win cash prize £35 for full house.
½ a book for children = £2.50 / Children flyer = £1
Win an Easter treat – for a line
Win a local attraction ticket – for a house
Refreshments will be on sale during the evening.
Thank you all for your continued support. Without your help many trips and events would not happen.
Claire Knight, Chair of the Friends of Orchard Vale
Charity number 1101582
Friends of Orchard Vale update – October 2018
Firstly, could we thank you for supporting the Friends of Orchard Vale fund raising events. You might be asking yourself “Where does the money go?”
With your help we have raised a fantastic amount of money to support the school. Here are some of the things these funds have been spent on:
- We have pledged £3000 to help replace the boat in the playground and the adventure trail. These replacements are already in motion.
- We pledged £2000 to help kick start funding for a MUGA (multi use games area) to enable all year round use of the school playing field.
- We commit to pay 25% of all trip costs. This is deducted before you see the price you pay. We have recently transferred £1028 to cover the trips for this term.
- Key Stage 1’s visit to Paignton Zoo who are studying animals this term.
- Years 3 and 4 visits to Heatree Activity Centre to take part in a Stone Age Roundhouse experience.
- Years 5 and 6 who are studying world wars and conflicts will be visiting the Fleet Air Arm Museum.
- We are buying £250 worth of maths resources for reception and nursery. These guys are not having a trip this term so it is only fair that they have some money spent on them too.
- We will be buying toothbrushes for the children in Reception to Year 6 to use during the Oral Health day.
Christmas Craft Fayre—Saturday, 24th November
We have brought this forward due to the date clashing with some big events locally. The children will be making items to sell. From some of ideas I have heard from the teachers so far there will be some really lovely gifts and keepsakes to buy.
If anyone would like a stall please let me know.
Stalls are£10 each and you must have public liability insurance.
We will be having a tombola stall at the fayre and would be very grateful for any donations please.
If you are having a pre-Christmas clear out and have any good
quality toys, books or unwanted gifts etc we would be extremely grateful for any donations.
Please place these in the box near the School Office after half term.
Christmas Jumper New2U
Last year we came up with the idea of a Christmas Jumper ‘New2U’. These very rarely get worn more than a few times and can be quite expensive to buy new.
If you have any old jumpers you would like to donate we will be selling these at the Christmas Fayre on Saturday, 24th
November. In plenty of time for Christmas jumper day.
Please hand any donations to one of the FoOV volunteers or pop it into the
office for us please.
Each event we plan would not be possible without the time and effort put in by our amazing volunteers, donations and support from all the parents and children that attend them.
If you would like to help at an event of even join our merry band please get in touch with one of us, either through your class teacher or school office if you don’t know who we are.
Thank you all for your tremendous support of our fund raising efforts.
Claire Knight, Chair